During the course you will learn the following:
- What is Pet First Aid?
- Pet Parenting 101 - Your Pets Baselines
- Good Tips for Problem Prevention
- Vitals and Head to Tail Checks
- Proper Handling, Restraint, and Transport of an injured animal
- Choking Management
- CPR vs. CPCR
- Which style of CPR is appropriate for your pets
- First Aid: Illnesses & Injuries including:
- Heat Stroke and Frostbite
- Severe Bleeding
- Bandaging various body parts
- Mouth & Lip Injuries/Illnesses
- Injected & Ingested Poisoning
- Snake Bites
- Intestinal Distress
- Allergic Reactions and Bites/Stings
- Shock & Seizures
Class materials and a practice pack will be given to you during class.
At the conclusion of class, you will receive a Certification of Completion wall certificate and wallet card good for 2 years. We look forward to teaching you these valuable skills and helping you truly be your pet's best friend even in these crazy times we are living in.
There will be a built in lunch time from 12:00 - 12:30pm.